System Engineer EU
To support the technical activities within one of the European projects in which E4 is involved, we are looking for a System Engineer who, working daily within the team, ensures the evolution of the infrastructure and the achievement of the objectives.
The European projects, which E4 is part of, concern various aspects of optimization and innovation in HPC. Some of these aims to improve the relationship between the performance provided by the system and its energy consumption, while others are focused on architectural-application co-design and the creation of prototypes of boards.
The System Engineer will therefore be constantly supported by the specialist figures of both partner companies and E4, to understand in detail the ecosystem within which he/she will have to carry out his/her management and system evolution activities.
The ideal candidate for the role of System Engineer has the following requirements:
- Fluency in English
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong learning skills on the use and functioning of new technologies
- Strong determination in facing new technological challenges
- Excellent ability to relate, both to work as a team and to solve problems independently
- Degree in science (Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Astronomy…)
- Knowledge of Linux
At least 2 years of experience in one of the following subjects:
- Administration of Linux systems and compilation, optimization and execution of scientific applications on HPC systems
- Use of Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Deep Learning technologies
- Benchmarking of HPC applications
- Knowledge of development languages for FPGAs
Place of work: Smart Working, Scandiano (RE) (occasionally)
Working hours: Full time 9-18
It might be you?
If you think you are the right person at the right time send us your CV using the form below and we will have a chat to get to know each other!
Send us your CV and tell us about yourself.